From 0 to 4000 - approach to mountaineering. Training course to prepare the Capanna Margherita ascent
Mountain climbing is your passion, and you want to take that next step, but you're not sure where to begin?
Our approach to mountaineering course is perfect for you: three days to start acclimatizing to altitude, learn to take your first steps on a glacier, and reach your first 4,000-meter peak!
You don't need prior experience; all you require is good physical fitness and a bit of training, Monte Rosa guides will take care of the rest.
The course will provide you with the fundamentals to define your future goals, such as reaching Capanna Margherita, the highest hut in Europe.
three days of guidance by a UIAGM-certified guide, half-board accommodation at Rifugio Città di Mantova for 2 nights, round-trip cable car ticket, technical equipment if you do not have it (harness, crampons), half-board for the guide.
- 5 layers of clothing for the upper body (thermal shirt, light fleece, heavy fleece, down jacket, anorak.)
- two set of gloves (soft and ski ones)
- sunglasses (with 3 or 4 protection)
- heavy trousers (windproof)
- rigid, ankle height, waterproof boots.
- two pair of ski socks
- hat that covers your ears
- bag sheet for the hut
- sun screen & lip balm
- helmet is recommended but not compulsory
- 1lt water bottle/thermos
- harness & crampons
Please note, a sleeping bag liner is mandatory in all mountain huts.
We suggest a lightweight, reusable sleeping bag liner. Let's protect the mountains from waste
Our favorite sleeping bag liner
Get inspired with our suggestions!