When planning a day in the mountains, it's important to know where to refresh yourself! Whether you want to eat polenta or simply enjoy a mulled wine, here is the list of structures you can find open in the area.
A must-stop at:
- Bar Passo da Mania, at an altitude of 2980 m on Passo dei Salati, known for typical Piedmontese cuisine and the famous Aperol Spritz served strictly on the slope in an old cabin turned bar.
- Alpenstop, in Pianalunga, a meeting point between the people of Valsesia and Valdostani! Fast dishes, gourmanderies pizza, music, and wooden huts used as private dining rooms with a view of Monte Rosa.
- La Grande Halte, a refuge also equipped with rooms and a sauna, all accompanied by refined cuisine.
- Der Shopf, has the party started?! The Babel of young people of all nationalities lingering on the magnificent terrace until the slopes close with curious proposals.
- Did you know that these refuges are also reachable in the evening? The proposal "Cene in Quota" (Dinners at Altitude) allows you to reach the establishments on the slopes using exclusively the night cable car.
Descending along the slope, just before reaching the village, a small detour to the Walser Fum Diss village is recommended; welcoming you is Mama Jucci of the eponymous farmhouse with products from her farm and the pulsating heart of ancient tradition. Anecdotes, tears, and laughter accompany simple dishes with an ancient flavor