But that is so far from the truth!
If you want to meet the soul of Alagna, you have to visit it in September. After the super crowded period in August, Alagna returns to savoring the slow pace and genuine life of a mountain village with its everyday life and human touch, but with a calendar filled to the brim of events.
The top 5 events in September
- Eat potatoes: everyone between Alagna and Riva harvest potatoes; make sure to get yourself a bag of potatoes native to the region, genuine and tasty and is an absolute must
- Cableway and shelters: to give up hiking and walks at the most magical time of the year, when summer provides the grand finale of superb weather and blue skies, is a huge mistake! The lifts are open until 4 September and on 10 November all day, from the 5th to the 9th there will be a run at 7.30 and 16.30. The only thing the lazy and less lazy have to do is choose how to go up: trekking or cable car? One suggestion for the perfect hike: the highway of the Walser in Valley Vogna is a dream; gorgeous scenery, intact Walser huts and the river Vogna which hides pools and corners of pure, cool relaxation.
- The Saint Michael fair: September 24th, Riva and Alagna, celebrate Saint Michael with a fair displaying local products; by now a centenary market which preserves the charm of tradition. The 25th instead, Alagna is the protagonist with the Verbano Accordion rally and cross-country race around the villages. All the details can be found in our calendar of events
- Buy toma meadow cheese, which arrives fresh in stores these days: unbeatable is a stopover at The Dairy Shop La Latteria in the center of Alagna, the point of sale of the farm Muretto, treating those who choose buying 100% traditional products at 0km with them very well. For those looking for innovation and quality go to refuge Sant 'Antonio in the Vogna Valley, the point of sale store of the vibrant Vaira farm, which produces cheese inspired by the flavours of the nearby Valle d'Aosta with a balanced mix of old know-how and an incredible will for involution. But those who want to learn how to make cheese must visit the farm Felice which can also be reached in a stroller! Welcome is guaranteed and the toma cheese, a surprise
- Photograph autumn: from September 15 to October 30, sendhttps://www.alagna.it/cascina-felice-2/ your photos of Autumn in Alagna to firstname.lastname@example.org and participate in the contest "the colors of the Monte Rosa". Photos will be published with the author's name on our facebook page and the most beautiful will win a dinner in restaurant Montagna di Luce for 2
But in Alagna in September you can also choose to do nothing, to relax in our hotels, be spoiled and pampered with care and meticulous attention. Because we in Alagna are convinced that if it is true that the world today runs at a fast pace, it is also true that from total idleness the most innovative ideas are born
Book now your September stay in Alagna Valsesia!