An intense four-day program, designed to explore the Monte Rosa massif by climbing 5 of its 4000m peaks to learn the “cramponnage” technique, self-rescue maneuvers and how to safely walk in a roped party on a glacier without losing sight of important objectives.
a guide for the 4-day tour, technical equipment (harness, crampons), ski lift rides, half board for the guide and clients in the refuge
- 5 layers of clothing for the upper body (thermal shirt, light fleece, heavy fleece, down jacket, anorak.)
- two set of gloves (soft and ski ones)
- sunglasses (with 3 or 4 protection
- heavy trousers (windproof)
- rigid, ankle height, waterproof boots.
- two pair of ski socks
- hat that covers your ears
- bag sheet for the hut
- sun screen & lip balm
- ice axe
- 1lt water bottle/thermos
- climbing harness & crampons
- 30/40 litre backpack, a compact size to not impede movement ,
- ID document/passport
- 2 carabiners with ferrule
- 1 x climbing sling loop 120 cm
Please note, a sleeping bag liner is mandatory in all mountain huts.
We suggest a lightweight, reusable sleeping bag liner. Let's protect the mountains from waste
Our favorite sleeping bag liner
Difficulty: from F to PD – hike on ice with parts of the trail passing over the ridge. You need to be physically fit.
Get inspired with our suggestions!