Alpe Campo mountain hut, a balcony overlooking Monte Rosa
The mountain hut Alpe Campo, propety of the mountain club of Alagna is harmoniously inserted in the small groupof stone houses, leaning on the wide flat of the area, protected from the chapel dedicated to St. Hubert, patron of hunters. On the 3rd November, the feast of the saint is celebrated on the alp and are blessed guns and hunting dogs. The door of the chapel is a piece of history; it is in fact the door of the first Capanna Margherita opened in 1893.
The curious story of this hut is closely linked to the will and passion of Gilberto Negri, who since the early nineties has brought new life to this place.